Foreign Nationals traveling to India are required to possess a genuine and valid national passport or any other internationally recognized travel document establishing his/her nationality and identity and bearing photograph of the foreigner.
Citizens holding valid passport of the following countries do not require visa to enter India.
- Maldives (up to 90 days, for tourism purpose only)
*Citizens of Nepal & Bhutan require a Visa when entering India from China.
More information is available on http://boi.gov.in/content/visa-requirement.
e-Tourist Visa Facility is available for nationals of following countries/territories:
Albania, Andorra, Anguilla, Antigua & Barbuda, Argentina, Armenia, Aruba, Australia, Austria, Bahamas, Barbados, Belgium, Belize, Bolivia, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Botswana, Brazil, Brunei, Bulgaria, Cambodia, Canada, Cape Verde, Cayman Island, Chile, China, China- SAR Hongkong, China- SAR Macau, Colombia, Comoros, Cook Islands, Costa Rica, Cote d'lvoire, Croatia, Cuba, Czech Republic, Denmark, Djibouti, Dominica, Dominican Republic, East Timor, Ecuador, El Salvador, Eritrea, Estonia, Fiji, Finland, France, Gabon, Gambia, Georgia, Germany, Ghana, Greece, Grenada, Guatemala, Guinea, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Hungary, Iceland, Indonesia, Ireland, Israel, Jamaica, Japan, Jordan, Kenya, Kiribati, Laos, Latvia, Lesotho, Liberia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Madagascar, Malawi, Malaysia, Malta, Marshall Islands, Mauritius, Mexico, Micronesia, Moldova, Monaco, Mongolia, Montenegro, Montserrat, Mozambique, Myanmar, Namibia, Nauru, Netherlands, New Zealand, Nicaragua, Niue Island, Norway, Oman, Palau, Palestine, Panama, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Republic of Korea, Republic of Macedonia, Romania, Russia, Saint Christopher and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent & the Grenadines, Samoa, San Marino, Senegal, Serbia, Seychelles, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, Solomon Islands, South Africa, Spain, Sri Lanka, Suriname, Swaziland, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Thailand, Tonga, Trinidad & Tobago, Turks & Caicos Island, Tuvalu, UAE, Ukraine, United Kingdom, Uruguay, USA, Vanuatu, Vatican City-Holy See, Venezuela, Vietnam, Zambia and Zimbabwe.
Please visit https://indianvisaonline.gov.in/visa/tvoa.html to apply for your e-visa directly.
All other nationals not eligible for the visa on arrival (e-Visa) scheme are required to apply for a visa in advance. Please note the following in this case.
- To apply for visa at the embassy, visa applicants are required to complete the online visa application form available at www.indianvisaonline.gov.in and lodge their application in person or proxy at any Indian foreign mission or embassy.
- For a list of Indian missions abroad please refer to http://www.mea.gov.in/indian-missions-abroad.htm.
- In many countries, Indian visas are processed by VFS Global.
- In some instances, Indian visa applications can take between 10-15 days. Hence, please plan your travel advance. It is advisable for Pakistani nationals and delegates with Pakistani origin to apply for their visa early due to a longer wait time for visa approvals.
If you require a visa invitation letter, please send in the below your request with the below details to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Department (if any):